Zeus Associates Recruiting and Staffing is recruiting for a Network Associate to join a Wall St firm.
The candidate must have the following qualities:
- Enjoys disrupting traditional networking practices/mentality to gain efficiencies, enhance stability and improve recoverability?
- Thrives on working with a team of highly skilled Network Associates to come up with creative ways of supporting our Network Infrastructure?
- Dislikes manual deployments and fosters a culture of automation amongst the team?
- Encourages change and is always looking to enhance business as usual/repetitive tasks
- Is driven to find root cause of incidents and problems observed on our network?
- Codes (scripts) as a hobby?
- Has a vision of where networking will be in coming few years and can lead in that effort?
- Ensures a secure network against unwarranted intrusion and protect corporate and client data.
- Be able to provide technical expertise as well as hands-on technical support, including troubleshooting of Network related issues.
The Client Needs a Candidate for the following:
- Automating our network infrastructure.
- Gaining industry recognition by contributing to open forums and challenging traditional networking methodologies that will differentiate us from our competitors.
- Setting up alert based monitoring
- Deriving new and creative revenue generating ideas
- WAN Experience: 2-3 years of hands on experience with Cisco Routers, switches and firewalls as well as the configurations that are associated with this hardware.
- Network protocols such as EIGRP, BGP and OSPF.
- Security: 2-3 years WAN and LAN security experience including access control lists, router firewalls, firewalls, DMZ design, NAT, etc.
- Communication: Excellent verbal communication skills required.
- Ability to deal with external clients problems and requests while keeping internal commitments on schedule while and satisfying any and all business requirements.
- Desired Education: BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience required.
- CCNA preferred. Cisco, security and intrusion detection certification a plus.